OTSIS is a mutual (a not-for-profit company) for Orthopaedic Surgeons, owned and governed by its members.
- OTSIS was founded in 2011
- Membership is exclusively for Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Trainee membership is also available
- OTSIS is a not-for-profit company owned by its members
- OTSIS is governed by a Board of Directors
- The Board is elected by the membership
- The Board exists to serve the best interests of the membership
- The Board liaises with representatives from the Medical Professional Indemnity Group (the MPI Group)
- The MPI Group is an insurance broker and part of the Arthur J. Gallagher group of companies
- Policies of insurance are provided to OTSIS members by the MPI Group, who themselves liaise with the relevant Insurance Underwriters.
- 24/7 expert medico-legal advice is provided by specialist lawyers from the MPI Group
- OTSIS members’ insurance policies meet all independent sector hospital requirements
- Security in retirement: 20-year run-off cover is available
- Seamless transfer from your current provider can be easily arranged
OTSIS members are provided with an individual policy of insurance by the MPI Group that covers the costs and damages arising from clinical negligence claims, or GMC or other professional accountability procedures, together with an expert medico-legal advisory service provided by specialist lawyers. For further details see Benefits of Membership.
“OTSIS has brought sanity back to indemnity, with the certainty of an insurance policy, an end to relentless year-on-year subscription increases and superb service – OTSIS is the organisation for orthopaedic surgeons.”Grey Giddins, Bath